Sunday, January 4, 2015

Purple merino on spindle

 
I have been adding spindle spinning to my repertoire.
 





It is an even older craft tradition that goes before the Spinning wheel spinning technique.
 
It is more mobile way of spinning, as you can take a spindle easily in a bag with some fibre to enjoy spinning anywhere you wish.
 
To me at this stage, because I'm not too fluent in the technique as yet, it is a slower process to achieve a yarn result. But I've been told that with practice as with everything one will become faster at it and experienced spindle spinners can achieve staggering meterage in surprisingly short time.
 

This is some Merino I hand dyed a while back. The colours are stunning, if I say so myself. And it has come up quite a nice yarn for a beginner spindler like I am.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment