Saturday, July 20, 2013
One of those projects done because of a "Dye along" chalenge on Ravelry.
This time by the dutch dyers group
Here is the link;
The theme was Fire, the method "In the pot" and the colour "orange"
So thats what I did. Fibre in the pot (soaked in vinegar/ water).
Added dye (yellow in the middle, bright organge, red orange, cherry red and russet red around)
Then I left the pot uoutside in the heat of the day. Look how dry it was. I was desperate for some colour with all that brown, beige and yellow around.
I got colour alright! Above it is still wet.
Below it is dry.
And here it is spun up;
And then knitted up into this cute little Milo top for a 1 year old.
Posted by Esther at 7:25 PM